PDA

View Full Version : Fuel amount

HetLaeN
09-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Hello,

I got the D24tic with t3/t4 turbo running 58psi on boost and 12mm injection pump and the gov is most likely modifyed. The engine was modifyed like this when i bought it. I discovered one day that the fuel amount screw is only halfway or less in. And the reason for it I guess is that it can not keep the idle low if the amount screw is turned more in. And the idle screw is turned all the way out.

So i wonderred if anyone got an idea on how i can turn the amount screw all in and still have the normal idle? Maybe some vacum/boost regulated so the more boost builds up, the more diesel it gets? Or when under for example 7-10psi it holds back on the fuel so it can keep the idle and when coming over 7-10 psi it gives all the fuel it is to be giving:) It should also be possible to do adjustment so it can be perfect fitted since I am using it in competition

I know that on a VE-pump from a isuzu campo 2,8 4 cyl, it is some kind of regulation so it not going to smoke on lower revs and when it don't have boost.

I have thought about this for a long time, but never came up to a usable thing. Hope someone can help me on this :)

Jason
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
There really isn't any way around that. Once you turn the full power screw in too far, the engine will "run away" because the governor cant controll the fueling. That is one of the downfalls of the ve pump. You can try to reindex the throttle lever back one spline so it twists the throttle shaft back farther towards idle and see if that drops it any, but it may already be moving the gov assembly all the way back. The main fuel screw isn't realy designed to go all the way in, or bottom out. Pretty much you can turn it in untill the engine wants to run away when you rev it (or start to hang at upper rpms) then back the screw out a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Thats the max fueling the pump will give.

Jason

HetLaeN
09-04-2010, 10:12 AM
http://asavage.dyndns.org/Toyota_Diesel/Pic_38b.jpg

If you see the ting on the top of the pump. I think it is something that stopping the fuel until it gets boost. When it was original on the isuzu it did not have any power at all on lower revs, but when it got higher rpm's it just went better and better. And after it was modded it was just smoke from lower rpms to high rpm, so i think that is some kind of regulator on the diesel amount.