PDA

View Full Version : WTB- 240/740/940 cars and parts

lmwatbullrun
07-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Primarily interested in whole cars, but also in engines, transmissions, and other parts for the mechanically injected volvo diesels. In the mid-Atlantic US area, but can pick up engines and whole cars within 500 miles of DC.

PM me for contact information.

v8volvo
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm across the country from you, but I have five D24T cars and three spare engines. I don't want them all, but whenever one comes up that looks like it is neglected and near the graveyard I tend to buy it in order to try to save it. I just picked up an '85 745 TD with manual trans that I do not need, but didn't want to see it get scrapped. It's an excellent runner but cosmetically rough and hasn't been on the road since 2001. If you are going to provide it with a good home, I might be interested in passing it on to you. I also have a beautiful cherry '85 740 sedan with a worn out motor that I would consider letting go. I have a good motor for it and its registration is up to date. It runs, sort of... getting it started is a major undertaking since it is way down on compression, but once it's going it runs OK.

I need to stop collecting these things but I can't stand to sell them unless it is to someone that I know will take proper care of them...! I've been fixing them up then giving them to family members to drive, since that means they will stay close to me and I'll be able to make sure they get maintained (by me) and stay in good health. It's an addiction. :rolleyes:

You are probably too far away to want to take any of them on, but if you are interested drop me a message.

anders
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
V8Volvo-

I might be interested in some of your cars/parts if priced right. I work on Bainbridge Island, So I'm close..

lmwatbullrun
07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm across the country from you, but I have five D24T cars and three spare engines. I don't want them all, but whenever one comes up that looks like it is neglected and near the graveyard I tend to buy it in order to try to save it. I just picked up an '85 745 TD with manual trans that I do not need, but didn't want to see it get scrapped. It's an excellent runner but cosmetically rough and hasn't been on the road since 2001. If you are going to provide it with a good home, I might be interested in passing it on to you. I also have a beautiful cherry '85 740 sedan with a worn out motor that I would consider letting go. I have a good motor for it and its registration is up to date. It runs, sort of... getting it started is a major undertaking since it is way down on compression, but once it's going it runs OK.

I need to stop collecting these things but I can't stand to sell them unless it is to someone that I know will take proper care of them...! I've been fixing them up then giving them to family members to drive, since that means they will stay close to me and I'll be able to make sure they get maintained (by me) and stay in good health. It's an addiction. :rolleyes:

You are probably too far away to want to take any of them on, but if you are interested drop me a message.

Weeeeell, you are tempting me, but cold logic tells me that a transcontinental round trip with the diesel truck and a trailer behind would cost me in the neighborhood of $2000. Plus the time. Best I could do would be 3 days each way and they'd be LONG days. Even a shipping service would cost me at least $300 per car. I suppose I could fly out and drive one back, but that would be an adventure all by itself.:eek:

Regretfully, I will have to pass. Thanks for the thought, though!:)

Anyone a bit closer? Say, Baltimore or Richmond?

Eli
07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
PMed about a 245 Diesel for sale 100 miles from DC.

lmwatbullrun
07-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Eli-

Thanks for thinking of me. I responded to your email; I am interested.

lmwatbullrun
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
still looking for parts and whole cars. Eli, any takers on yours?

kd0amw
11-25-2010, 08:20 PM
If your still looking I have an '85 740 for parts. The body is intact and good condition. No motor, but have transition, radiator, AC condenser, and complete interior. Located in central MO.