PDA

View Full Version : stock stereo stress... 760gle

Jason
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey, anyone familiar with the stock stereo on the 7 series? When I parked my car, it worked fine. It has sat for a few weeks, and upon getting the trans swapped in, all of a sudden the rear speakers do nothing. If you push the little fade button all the way to the rear, it is silent. I did the obvious stuff like check the rear speaker connections, and the little amplifier thats mounted under the rear speaker deck in the trunk has power and the LED is lit up. I don't get what would have happened just from sitting. Is this how the factory radios usually crap out? Is there a connector somewhere in the car that goes to the back speakers that can vibrate apart or something? Not like the stock stereo was anything to brag about, but it worked and I didn't really plan on replacing it anytime soon. With only the front speakers though it really sounds like crap. Any help will be great.

Jason

cuaz64
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/RadioAntenna.html

Jason
05-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the link, I looked through there but didn't really see anything that fits my problem. The radio still works, just not the rear speakers. Also, the amp is working or at least has power. I think lots of that info is for newer radios. I'm going to mess with it more this morning.

Jason
05-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Fixed it! It was a blown fuse on the rear amp. There are two 5 amp fusese and one 15. The 15 amp fuse was blown.

Jason