PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done a water/meth injection setup on their D24T?

Jason
07-07-2009, 05:20 PM
After farting around all day trying to find a way to mount up and route the intercooler piping to the intercooler I have laying around, I said screw it and started thinking water meth. I built a simple boost regulated water meth setup on my 85 Jetta TD with good results. I was wondering if anyone has done this instead of a intercooler... Any recomendation on nozzle orfice size?

I plan to set it up as I did on my 1.6, with the nozzle just ahead of the turbo compressor wheel, so it can help chop up/atomize the water injected. I used a VW bug windshield washer tank, and pressurized it using boost pressure, which increased flow as the boost pressure increased. I plumbed a cheapo ebay dial-a-boost so I could keep it from "turning on" below 6lbs or so, since the jetta ran at about 4 to 5lbs on the highway and without it my bottle went empty in no time.

This worked pretty well, but I'm open to suggestions. I know there are nice kits out there with digital controls, but I'm not looking to spend that kind of money on this thing, I would rather throw those kind of dollars at a manual swap.

Jason