PDA

View Full Version : Stuck oil drain plug

bryancald
04-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi,

I just a bought a car with the D24 engine. The first thing I like to do is change the oil to give me a reference point.

Well......the drain plug is completely frozen. I used a 2 foot breaker bar and PB Blaster to no avail. I eventually broke out the chisel and hammer and placed it on the bolt flange. This only helped remove some of the flange.

I've given up for now to let the PB Blaster work, but any ideas on the next course of action (have not tried the vise grips yet)?

I'm afraid of damaging the plug further, or removing so much material that theirs nothing left try grab on to.

Thanks!

lalozf
04-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I donīt know exactly if your problem is with the oil drain screw (my english is not very good)
but if is that the matter of the question, when some screws are hard to unscrew, what I do is spray with unlock material, and after 5 minutes, I hit the center of the screw at the same time as you unscrew, and woks really good. hit unscrew, hit unscrew...
sorry for mi english. :o

bryancald
04-18-2010, 07:16 PM
PB Blaster and the largest size vise-grips got it. The drain plug is completely trashed, but it finally came loose. It came loose with the vise-grips on the flange of the plug, not the plug itself.