PDA

View Full Version : New old Volvo diesel owner

bryancald
04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi,

My name is Bryan, and I live in Southern California. I just bought my first Diesel and Volvo (a white 83' 244).

I bought this car for economic reasons, and to experiment with biodiesel, and possibly straight WVO down the road.

Jason
04-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Hello and welcome... There are a few guys running bio, hopefully you will be able to find some useful info here...

Jason

BUSAS
04-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi all,

Welcome!

You 4sure will enjoy much more than only the economy reason...driving this old Volvos isa state of mind...

BR

Pedro

EvoStevo
04-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Hey! I'm in SoCal as well. We should have a mini meet when my car is up and running again.

bryancald
04-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm already starting to dig the Volvo vibe. I really wanted a diesel 245 manual wagon, but I'm sure you guys know that those are pretty hard to find.

I've always admired the 200 series for their quirky coolness. There's something cool looking about an old 200 series with roof racks and fog lights.

I know their safe and pretty reliable.....I feel it's the beginning of a journey.

I'm looking at getting everything in good working order, first the overdrive, next the cruise control.

So far the biggest issue is the seats. they are COMPLETELY SHOT leather versions in tan. If you know of a reasonable replacement, please let me know.

Bryan

v8mad0
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Hello and welcome, I lived near Pomona as a kid.