PDA

View Full Version : why is there a screw in my vacume hose?

noitulover
03-15-2010, 06:02 AM
i just noticed this... any ideas?

Jason
03-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Its not vacume hose, its the jumper hose that bleads extra fuel out of the injectors. There normally is a rubber cap on the end injector, but they obviously didn't have it. The screw/hose thing isn't correct but I doubt it will hurt anything. We have the diesel injector rubber cap at the shop they probably less than a dollar, but I would be willing to bet you can find one locally. Just make sure its diesel rated and not just a vac cap.

Jason

noitulover
03-15-2010, 06:21 PM
oh that is great, thank you Jason.

RLDSL
04-03-2010, 08:58 AM
That is officially part of the injection return loop. Fuel that is not injected into the engine on each stroke bypasses the injector and follows that series of cloth covered lines back to the injection pump and back to the fuel tank. The last injector in the row has to be plugged off. The screw will work just fine, or you can go by any bosch authorized fuel injection shop and get an official plug if it bothers you. All that is, is a tapered steel plug basically. If they used a wide thread screw it *may* split the rubber sooner, but that rubber is very high quality and usually shows signs of wear and seepage long before you will experience any problems.