PDA

View Full Version : rear of 244 is sagging it makes front unstable

dgerlach
03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello, A quick question.. my 1984 volvo 244 is starting to sag in the rear. Not sure what to do.. Put new coil springs in? Install heavy duty shocks? maybe shocks with wrap around coils? Put in spacers?.. I would like it to ride and look straight not lower in the rear. I am sure it will go down the road safer...
d gerlach

noitulover
03-12-2010, 06:14 PM
yea my rear sags too, but i have an ipd anti sway bar so it doesn't seem to effect handling. just rubs when i am backing out of most driveways on the street.

my car came with a rear bushing kit, new ones already installed on the front. I'm hoping when I install it, it will fix the problem.

Jason
03-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Try going to a local yard and getting a set of springs off another car that isn't sagging. Coil over shocks may be an option if they are avialable. Heavy duty shocks wont help lift the car.

Jason

77volvo245
03-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Get some wagon rear springs instead of springs from a sedan.

RLDSL
04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Either wagon springs or if you don't want it raised up, get a set of Moog Cargo Coils, they are great on these things ( and just about everything else ) They maintain stock ride height, so they don't change steering geometry , but require roughly an extra 350 pounds over a set of new stock springs before they drop an inch . Great if you haul a lot of stuff , or a heavy trailer or have a buxom mother in law :eek: