PDA

View Full Version : 82 240

noitulover
03-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I really love how this car drives and handles. i'm pretty excited how the restore is going. clean it up a but more, interior and engine. looks like i have a leaky head gasket, white smoke in the exhaust and visible coolant leaking on the under carage.
as you may know i guess i bought a decent head start... any advice would be appreciated.

next steps:

*Deal with head gasket leak(I'm weighing the option of replacing it, or adding the $30 seal repair fluid from advanced, gonna have my VW mechanic friend look at it.)
*Install 2250W sound system(still looking for a good deal on a 2000W amp and head unit got a badass sub that i have to lower the box for and some killer speakers)
*sand rust, body work(probably going to just patch it with putty and maybe some metal mesh, instead of welding new metal in place, the damage isn't that bad), paint
*under carage, sand, prime coat
*rear bushing, want to lift up the back a bit and have new ones waiting to install that came with the car
*fix left rear power window
*clean, sand, prime and paint engine and break calipers
*4 new wheels and tires(what is the largest size wheels you can put on in the front and back?)

i gotta find a decent camera, my cell phone isn't doing it justice.