PDA

View Full Version : engine not starting... Problem solved

SmokeyWagon
03-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi, already introduced...
Recently, my car started to do a clancking noise, I decided to ignore it (bad choice...). A couple days later, the engine just wouldn't start, just a couple explosions and nothing. It turned out the pump mount was all loose, the bolts just came out and was holding but only one. Tighten them up (a nightmare) but it still didn't turn on... I thought the glow-plug wheren't working... tension was fine, but a couple where out... changed them, still didn't start...
Then, cheked fuel was coming, yep, lines where good and fuel flow ok. Compression was fine also.
Obviousely, you where thinking... "it was out of timing"... well it was, for about 4 teeth of the belt. The pump just jumped from its place and untensioned the belt, which it moved from its place... coulden't believe it.
Just loose the bolts of the pump, place engine on TDC, removed belt, turned pump to TDC position and re-tension the belt. Simple huh? well it was, then fine tuneup and running again...
I don't know if it helped, but just wanted to share it with you.
bye!!

EvoStevo
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Very interesting to know! Hope that's not what happened with mine. Thanks for posting!