PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen LT35

RedArrow
12-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone, VW enthusiasts, Volvo lovers and diesel nuts,

I will share here some of the history, details and pictures of the well-known (in Europe) Volkswagen LT series!

Here's a warm-up, see the link below, in case you became interested and decided to read about the LT family!
I am starting this thread early, hopefully and finally, to motivate myself into sharing personal experiences, stories, projects, repairs etc in the short future.
The baby happens to be a great condition Volkswagen LT35, diesel.
Info soon!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_LT

Goteborg Vapenfabrik
01-04-2019, 08:51 AM
Looking forward to this!

RedArrow
01-28-2019, 04:35 PM
I will share pictures once I figure out how to do it the easy and time efficient way. Also this forum has file size restrictions that is impossible or extremely hard to do (for me i guess) and quantity restrictions as well. All advice is welcomed.

Intercooler-BurnzZ
05-28-2019, 04:10 AM
I thought several times to buy an old VW LT as bus or camper, but never had a good opportunity or/and it's hard to find one in adequate condition, furthermore it is a real shifting dune. Most are totally dead due to rust and heavy-duty. Some of these survived in fire brigades, but they are rare.
They're not that popular like the "famous" VW T3 busses, which have only a small 1.6L/1.7L I4 Diesel engine (next to the petrol versions) at the backside.
But I would prefer due to this reason the LT, additional it has more space and with the I6 Diesel Engine, sometimes turbocharged, between the seats it makes it would make an adventure to roam with this van around anywhere.
I know RMB build in the 90s based on a LT with the D24 (TIC) a recreational vehicle with 75kW/102hp
Cheers,
Bernd