PDA

View Full Version : 12mm "super pump" head/rotor, ARP head studs, GTD nozzles

anders
05-23-2016, 08:07 PM
I have 6 more of these 12mm "super pump" heads/rotors available to sell. I have been impressed with quality of these parts from this vendor I have purchased fuel system parts for my cummins from them.

$325 for the 12mm pump head/rotor, IP re-seal kit, and input shaft seal shipped to the lower 48. $375 shipped internationally
Want 2 or 3? Additional $300 each

I have fitted 6 of these to our pumps and have been running one for over a 2 years now. I personally know of 4 people local to me running these, all pumps that I built with these 12mm heads.

I also have DNOSD274 "GTD" nozzles and DNOSD297 nozzles from the same manufacturer.
$75 for set of 6.

I'm also selling ARP head stud kits for the D24T, $335 shipped to the lower 48

I will combine shipping.

anders
05-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Here is a picture of the pump heads that are for sale.

anders
06-06-2016, 07:40 AM
I have one built pump for sale with the 12mm head and rotor. I have been running it for two months or so on my personal car, $800 with exchange plus shipping.

anders
08-22-2016, 06:43 AM
I only have two 12mm head/rotors left.

anders
10-12-2016, 07:26 PM
I now have Complete injectors for sale, I had the GTD nozzles installed and set at 170 bar. These are NEW and from the same vendor I have been using for my cummins injectors, 12mm pump heads and the nozzles.
Selling for $315 a set shipped to the lower 48 and no core charge!
I will ship these internationally, discounts available on larger purchases also!

Kraftwerk
10-17-2016, 11:57 AM
Any actual videos of your cars?

If there are, pardon my ignorance.

anders
10-17-2016, 03:27 PM
Video of the 242 in my signature-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-CG9RoirJEQ

andler
09-26-2017, 11:29 AM
Have you ever had the pumps in a bench so you can see how much CC it gives?

Brekizer
09-29-2017, 10:59 PM
How much of a performance increase does the 12mm heads in combination with the gtd injectors make?

I think I'm interested.

RedArrow
09-30-2017, 06:35 AM
Hi.
I have the 12mm stuff but not yet installed,
But
the gtd nozzles (set at 170) are in and it was a huge difference immediately.
Idk why, probably my injectors were very worn out. I am crurious now how it would run on new stock injectors as a comparison.
I am not sure about that ...but now I have about 100miles on the gtds and I have to say it is awesome. The car is peppier, less noise and rattle, much much smoother idle and running, cold starts simply sound amazing And all smoke disappeared too. Pulls much stronger too.
Purposely I havent changed timing or anything (i just put the new injectors in) so I can experiment with the gtds alone.
So far it was a GREAT improvement.

Since then i got the manifolds off and fully cleaned the poop out and added new gaskets for both and it simply runs amazing.

Re: "forum is dead"
Hopefully the forum wakes up as weather cools and temps go down...diesels need more love and maintenance from now on. Lol.
Keep bricking!

ngoma
09-30-2017, 05:39 PM
...the gtd nozzles (set at 170) are in and it was a huge difference immediately.
Idk why, probably my injectors were very worn out.
What were the old injectors set to? Big difference in POP setting (old vs. new) could be the source of the performance difference.

RedArrow
10-01-2017, 05:12 AM
Unfortunately I have no idea what the old injectors were set to because it wasnt me who installed them back then, and I havent touched them for six years. It was a multiple hour struggle to get the injectors out safely. I also do not know what type of nozzles they have.
I am sure they were worn because my smoke is gone. I did not change anything else purposely. I d k how many miles those old injectors had in them before me but I added appr 30k miles.

I did have smoke and it always bothered me. Lately it was pretty disturbing bc i could see massive clouds of grey behind me especially when city driving at night, i could blind the driver behind me anytime. It wasnt black or blue smoke, it was greyish. I always saw it in the headlights of cars behind me. I love how people do not tailgate me though!!! Once a rich guy cursed me for stopping early for a traffic light that was soon turning red out so I punished him bigtime in a huge never disappearing grey cloud and he got stuck getting it for a long time and coughing in his cabriolet not seeing a thing for minutes. Nice lesson for those who dont respect vintage diesels and tailgate plus curse at brickers. ... Other drivers and bystanders loved it too bc he was a really mean ahole that kept blocking the box and obstructing pedestrian crosswalks block by block and kept hating the world and its people while constantly cursing.

I used to have lot of grey smoke not at startup but every time i accelerated from lower rpms (All gears). Even worse when tranny was in higher gear compared to actual speeds such as 3rd at 25mph or 2nd at 10-15mph etc or 35 in 4th etc. It happens in traffic when you gotta slow down a bit then you give it gas again but not yet time to shift down. Then it smoked a Lot......
usually it smoked from 1500 to 3000rpm i think, under acceleration and never at idle or startups.
Last time i checked timing it was at .93 i think. I will recheck but now it runs so perfectly that i dont even wanna know. Or should i set it at .95-98? I have no idea but maybe the fuel can get turned up a bit too. The car feels like it could use it now, it just wants to go but something is holding back a little (no brake drag ) ...
Im just thinking it could go / pull even much faster/stronger.

I'll keep experimenting for a few hundred miles without all adjustments then we'll see.
Since the intake and exhaust manifolds got off to be cleaned, i hear and feel the turbo being more active too, it jumps in earlier i think, i noticed hearing a nice healthy whistle as it spools.
I love driving it even more now.