PDA

View Full Version : Best options in Battery Park:)

RedArrow
11-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Hi guys. Verified a few things after a no-crank morning fun and looks like my Napa battery is getting tired.
No sticker on it. What to buy, what are the needed/suggested minimum specs? Dont want cheapest one but the reliable...NYState has hardcore Winters.
What's your experience? Owners Manual doesn't have battery specs.

Hendo
12-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Was hoping you would get some replies.

My 1982 has an Interstate that is at least 8 years old... still ticking but the day will come soon when it needs to be replaced.

-Tom in SoCal

RedArrow
12-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Thanks Tom. I did figure out that it was a Napa 7549 battery. Dated 2007 on the sticker.
It would not hold/or even receive any charge. And my cluster was out so what was I expecting btw? Long story but i had to get another battery.

I Decided to get the very same Napa 7549. No issues, I hope, because it has a yr warranty and they took my shitty one for $20. I paid 152-20. Additional warranty is 1.49per month if needed, after the year passed.
This thing is super-strong. 1150 ca.

I love it and the car is very happy. Also, my alt is back to work as it should. I took it all apart.

Oh, best timing, ...my engine harness simply gave up too. All things are connected so im thinking that it had something to do with my cluster&battery problems. My ign switch just gave up too, finally, now replaced.
Our engine harness is truly biodegradable in these volvos. By now it is 30-31yo. Time to go. I could not believe my eyes when i inspected the harness at multiple spots!!
I Ripped it all out so I must build a new one properly now. I made my drawings and took the necessary measurements and several pictures. The wires are in the mail. I Will make a thread about it. If i ever had time! Im Missing the forum btw.