PDA

View Full Version : 82 240 Diesel parts available.

R.Mojica
10-15-2015, 06:11 AM
I picked an 82 244 Diesel auto. vehicle is rusty, keeping the cylinder head. compression sounds low when cranking but could not get vehicle started. It almost started. Anything anybody needs before the car get scrapped? tan cloth interior is dirty, passengers front seat is destroyed. vehicle is located in Ellington Connecticut.

v8volvo
10-15-2015, 12:17 PM
You might want to snag the injection lines, injector pump, power steering pump bracket, and radiator too -- those are all hard things to find when you need them, and the 200 series PS pump bracket and radiator are NLA so they're very much in demand. The 240 PS bracket almost always breaks at the lower mounting ear but even if it's broken, get the pieces, some folks like to try and weld them back together. Better than nothing...

Make sure you save the intake manifold too, those are worth having.

R.Mojica
10-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Yes I'm pulling the engine out as a whole so all that stuff will be saved but I'm only interested particularly in keeping the cylinder head for another car that I have. So I was just letting that be known anything else would still be available.

DieselScout
11-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Does that have the larger "commando" bumpers?