PDA

View Full Version : #5 Injection Hard Line for '84 D24

DieselScout
06-16-2015, 08:08 AM
My #5 Hard/Injection Line is leaking again....

Is this a design flaw on this line?
All the others are fine and I've already replaced #5....
I put epoxy on the line, but that only slowed down the leak a bit.

Anyway, looking for another used #5 line in good shape or a new line if possible (Does anyone know a place that can bend a new line?)

v8volvo
06-16-2015, 10:06 AM
The reason they break is because the anti-rattle clips are missing. Folks often discard them but they serve an important purpose, the lines will keep cracking and/or chafing without the clamps in place. No design flaw when the clamps are used but without them, #5 and #6 do seem to be the ones that fail most often, for whatever reason.

I've got a few sets for D24T but can't remember if the #5 line is different, I know #6 is -- hoping to not break up my sets anyway. Last I checked Volvo still sold new single lines pretty cheaply, and they sell the anti-rattle clamps too. Might be your best option. Alternatively you can pillage the 4-line and 2-line clamps from a junkyard VW, but the 6-line clamp near the vac pump is unique to D24. You'll want to have all of them to avoid ongoing problems.

DieselScout
06-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Maybe I can secure all the lines with rubber innertube....

How do I go about getting a new injection line from Volvo?
Do you have a number/website or email I can contact?

If anyone has a #5 injection line they want to part with, let me know.

ngoma
06-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Maybe I can secure all the lines with rubber innertube.....
You mean as cushioning when the rubber is missing from the metal clamp? That is what I am doing on a few of mine and it seems to be working. Substituted pieces of rubber innertube for the original cushions.

Or are your metal clamps missing?

DieselScout
06-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Yeah, looks like that's what I'm going to have to do in the meantime.