PDA

View Full Version : Recieved Four D24T engine blocks

Slobodan
11-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I picked 'em up for NOTHING.
One block has a crank.
One block has squirters.
The other two are completely bare.

I've got four dead D24's so theres good cranks, rods, bearings and everything else to build some fresh D24T's except I need some D24T Pistons, 3 sets of squirters and a couple of Turbo Exhaust manifolds.

I can barely get a hold of pistons from IMC maybe not anymore... but last I checked there was a set of 2nd OS. @ 97$ per piston. Mahle.

Does anyone have a way of getting / sourcing some of theses parts? (D24T pistons + rings, and Squirters?)

Jason
11-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Last time I checked IMC had pistons and rings. I have never seen oil squirters listed anywhere. You might try over on the VWdiesel.net site and see if anyone has any laying around. I would expect they are the same as a 1.6 turbo diesel.

Your shop buy through IMC I take it? We get stuff from them too.

Jason

Slobodan
11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
yeah, IMC is 15 miles away.. but they deliver. WorldPac is just 4 blocks up from my shop. but they don't carry much D24 stuffs.

v8volvo
11-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Pistons, rods, squirters, valves, rings, etc are all identical to what is in a VW 1.6TD engine, as used up through 1992. Should be easy enough to find.

Slobodan
11-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I ordered some 1.6D (don't remember if it was turbo or non) rod bearings and they ended up being smaller than the D24's.

Maybe something else happened. but I thought it would have worked.

IceV_760
11-16-2009, 12:33 AM
I have never seen oil squirters listed anywhere. You might try over on the VWdiesel.net site and see if anyone has any laying around. I would expect they are the same as a 1.6 turbo diesel.

Jason

Little help to your problem from europe.
Oil squirters from Volkswagen 1.8 16v (KR/PL)-block should fit to d24t block,
and they sell still new ones, oil squirters i mean.

Jason
11-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Something must have gotten boxed wrong, as they should be the same.

Jason

v8volvo
11-16-2009, 11:37 PM
I ordered some 1.6D (don't remember if it was turbo or non) rod bearings and they ended up being smaller than the D24's.

Maybe something else happened. but I thought it would have worked.

The VW diesel engine family is fully modular and all the internals are identical. If the stuff you got didn't fit then it was the wrong stuff.

Thanks for the tip about the squirters -- would be hard to get em otherwise!

Tommy Two Stroke
01-20-2010, 09:59 PM
FCP Groton has Kolbenschmidt pistons for these engines. Bought a set of 'em last year.

piper109
01-21-2010, 03:30 AM
The VW diesel engine family is fully modular and all the internals are identical. If the stuff you got didn't fit then it was the wrong stuff.

Thanks for the tip about the squirters -- would be hard to get em otherwise!

Its my understanding that the D24T pistons have the squirter cutout in a different place than the 4 cyl engines. I believe you can get pistons with both cutouts in them but you may want to check on that point.

Steve

cuaz64
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Its my understanding that the D24T pistons have the squirter cutout in a different place than the 4 cyl engines. I believe you can get pistons with both cutouts in them but you may want to check on that point.

Steve

Tom Bryant wronte somewhere that new replacement pistons for VW Diesel have the cutout in both sides, but, as you said, is a thing to check.