PDA

View Full Version : Variable Geometry Turbo on a D24TIC

jbindia
10-17-2014, 07:16 AM
Am doing an installation of a Variable Geometry Turbocharger on a Volvo D24TIC engine.

Along with it, the boost control is a closed loop boost control. The fuelling also is controlled electronically.

More details soon !

jbindia
10-17-2014, 07:30 AM
http://d24t.com/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=113

jbadberg
10-17-2014, 03:37 PM
I have one on mine an love it it's boost controled I Make boost with no load
So no lag

R.Mojica
10-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Any pics of the setup?

jbindia
11-02-2014, 01:40 AM
Any pics of the setup?

I had posted a picture . Could you not see it ?

Oddmodman
02-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Am doing an installation of a Variable Geometry Turbocharger on a Volvo D24TIC engine.

Along with it, the boost control is a closed loop boost control. The fuelling also is controlled electronically.

More details soon !

Closed loop? Does that mean you used an aftermarket vgt ecu controller? How is the fueling controlled electronically? Did you do a pump duse or common rail system? What are it's maximum and minimum spool psi, and at what rpms? Did you beef up any internals? I plan on doing a vgt in the future but am looking for boost real early in the rpms so I'm gonna need aftermarket h-beam rods. I need answers! PS very cool. Very very cool :)

Alberto
03-01-2015, 02:49 AM
Closed loop? Does that mean you used an aftermarket vgt ecu controller? How is the fueling controlled electronically? Did you do a pump duse or common rail system? What are it's maximum and minimum spool psi, and at what rpms? Did you beef up any internals? I plan on doing a vgt in the future but am looking for boost real early in the rpms so I'm gonna need aftermarket h-beam rods. I need answers! PS very cool. Very very cool :)

hi I wait with patience your project.
My engine is already with an injection pump rotor 12mm original
(Pump volvo penta KAD42 250hp).
GARRETT VNT turbo and TD25003 (mechanical wastegate) turbo alfa 156 1999 / 136hp 2.4 jtd