PDA

View Full Version : 1984 240 Wagon, southern Oregon $500

CapnSass
08-04-2014, 11:10 AM
I LOVE this wagon but my attention has been diverted. Please let me know if you have any questions. $500 or best offer.

See pictures and more info on craigslist.

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/4602863344.html

RedArrow
08-04-2014, 03:35 PM
It does need huge amounts of love but hopefully a diesel hoarder will be able to keep it on the road. I`m Surprised to see it has got the 5speed `shifter` tranny. I saw your CL ad.
...It`s not the m46, the m46 is 4speed plus overdrive with a (usually NOT red:) ) button on shifter that activates the overdrive (manually) to have ``5th gear``
You have the m47, i guess, which is cool, it has the `real` fifth gear /a true fifth gear...some believe it is stronger and holds better than the m46 version. (?)
I dont think 200 volvos ever came with m47s at all. Maybe in Europe only?... but i might be very wrong about that.

A real shame if it gets junked, these cars are getting rare nowdays (the ones with D/TD motor)

Keep us posted when/if sold; also dont forget to invite new owner to use our forum.

ngoma
08-04-2014, 09:29 PM
You have the m47, i guess, which is cool, it has the `real` fifth gear /a true fifth gear...some believe it is stronger and holds better than the m46 version. (?)
I dont think 200 volvos ever came with m47s at all. Maybe in Europe only?... but i might be very wrong about that.
Isn't consensus that the M46 is stronger than the M47? Which is why the M46 got fitted to the turbo (gasser & diesel) models instead of the M47.

745 TurboGreasel
08-05-2014, 02:46 AM
Not really,they use the same gears and bearings, and it's mostly 3rd that breaks.

CapnSass
08-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure its the M46 but I do know the shifter (in picture) is not the original shifter. As it was explained to me when I purchased the ride was that you can shift through 4th and then have to push the green button on the dash to shift into 5th. I thought that made it the M46, but I am no expert. The green button is an obvious add-on, maybe not the best way to add-on, but meh~ details-schmetails, lol.

But sadly, I never got the pleasure of shifting into any gear. :(

Regardless, it does need a lot of love and I'd rather see the vehicle go to someone who appreciates it. In fact, I am almost willing to give the car away to a person as such. You just gotta come tow it.

745 TurboGreasel
08-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Shifter is for M47, if it uses a button,it's an M46 Apparently later M46s had a thicker mainshaft, reducing one failure point on the turbo cars and making them preferable to the M47.

RedArrow
08-05-2014, 06:19 PM
But sadly, I never got the pleasure of shifting into any gear. :(

Regardless, it does need a lot of love and I'd rather see the vehicle go to someone who appreciates it. In fact, I am almost willing to give the car away to a person as such. You just gotta come tow it.

Anders, ...you heard this? :))) Car is yours! :)
and forumers are happy to get those nice rebuild shots again. :)