PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler in my rig

D24TCJ5
07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
So my Jeep has a D24T in it. I was wondering how many people have actually thrown an intercooler on it and how difficult was it? I've looked at a lot of posts about it and I think I could do it but I need a complete parts list. I also need to evaluate the space issue that may occur from the motor being in a Jeep. I'm almost positive I could fit it between the radiator and the grill but I want to have a backup plan in case I can't fit it. I haven't looked at very many ebay kits yet but that's on my to do list tomorrow. But when I do start you guys should expect some pictures of the progress:p

Nick

anders
07-11-2014, 05:11 AM
Adding an inter cooler is fairly easy, it's also one those great mods for power and longevity. If i remember correctly those cj's have a lot of space in front of the radiator.
When inter cooling it's probably worth while to up grade to the d24 intake, it makes life easier.

I would measure how much space you have to work with, then get the biggest inter cooler that will fit. I would run 2.5" size piping, it's easier then trying to fit 3".
I would buy one of the universal inter cooling kits from eBay, they include lots of clamps, couplers, and pipe- should be more then you will ever need.

There will be some special one off reducer fittings you will need, 1.75" to 2.5" 90* turbo outlet and if using the d24 intake you will need a 3" to 2.5" 90*.

D24TCJ5
07-11-2014, 06:52 AM
Thank you so much for your help! I will post pics and what I get before I get it and definitely keep you updated on it!

Nick