PDA

View Full Version : Jeep

D24TCJ5
07-09-2014, 06:54 PM
My name is Nick Summers and I drive a 1981 Jeep CJ5. A wrangler for those unfamiliar with Jeeps. It has a 1982 D24T swap. It's the only one like it that I've ever seen. I'm from Plainfield, Indiana. I joined this forum because I'm trying to make this engine as reliable as when it came off the line. And if anyone's interested in the build I can include some pictures tomorrow!

Thanks for your time,

Nick Summers

D24TCJ5
07-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Feel free to ask questions as well!

anders
07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
I would love to see some pictures! This is a swap I have been interested in. How do you like the power of the d24t in a 4wd? What transmission/T-case combo are you using? And last of all, Welcome!

D24TCJ5
07-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Thank you! And to answer all of those questions quite simply I love it. It is a crawling machine. I could probably climb a tree with it if I had too:p But I do not know what transmission is in it. It is a 5 speed manual if that helps. I bought it and the guy did the swap but the engine was not complete. It had a cracked block and a warped head. Bored it out to remove the small crack and Cylinder scarring. Threw on new injectors and new turbocharger but I don't remember all the details. It was 3 years ago haha. But it is a wonderful engine now that all the kinks are straightened out.

Here's a quick drive by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yG63f6xr-U

D24TCJ5
07-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Also the transfer case looks like it is out of a Bronco. You have a lever for the front dif and rear dif. Mighty strange.