PDA

View Full Version : normal temperature

lalozf
10-28-2009, 02:03 AM
hello guys, I have high temperature under load, I think. this are the notes,
I start the car and riding throuh towns the needle stays at the midle but on highways after 10minutes of 130 km\h the needle rises to 3\4 ,
how does your needle stay in these situations...

I have changed the thermostat and the pump, and flushed the coolant 5 times, I checked the marks of the timing belt and is ok
thanks

IceV_760
10-28-2009, 02:33 AM
I can have caravan on my hook,
drive with it on city and road, temperature is always 1/2.
And it weights 1,5tons.

Ive run highways many times 140km/h on long trips, and temperature dont rise,
not when driving on highway and not when arriving to end of highway,
usually to city, where i need to drive slowly. I dont have any heat problems on any situation. You have some problem.

lalozf
10-28-2009, 04:07 AM
man, I do not know what the problem can be...maybe the radiator... I will clean it very well.
finally, the needle needs to be in the middle :mad:
I tried one thing, keep the thermostat opnened allways and the needle was only 1\4 whatever I did
thanks

Jason
10-28-2009, 05:09 AM
I'm having the same problem with my buddies car. (freds83 on here) We just replaced the radiator since his old one blew. We installed new t-stat and flushed the block. Its running near the top of the guage when you run it hard, and just tooling around town its around 3/4. Strange thing is, when we got home last night after driving with the gauge at 3/4 we popped off the coolant line that runs to the cold start housing and stuck a thremometer down into the head, and the coolant was running at 200 comming out of the head.... That doesn't seem too hot to me. The T-stat is supposed to open at 188 degrees (F over here) and you figure the water will be hotter comming out of the head. I didn't think 200 was out of the question. We are thinking a fualty temp sensor, so we are going to install a real temp gauge and watch it.

Jason

lalozf
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
I have a spare radiator today, and i will install it. if it does not work ok. I will try the sensor. I am really angry, thermostat, pump, flush...

lalozf
10-29-2009, 10:10 AM
problem solved, tha radiator was guilty. I Changed it for a second hand one and now the temperature is OK!!!!
But there is something strange, the old radiator externally is exactly the same core, length... but the new one weights twice.

IceV_760
10-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Haha. But good to hear you get it working properly before wrecage.
Theres not too many d24:s to be wasted.

sofiene
10-30-2009, 04:15 AM
hi. well i don't have a thermostat in my car and the temperature is always in the middle 1/2 even in 110km/h so is this ok ???????:)

IceV_760
10-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Yea its were it should be. May i ask nicely for you to write with normal font,
"nicer" to eyes, thank you.