PDA

View Full Version : tachometre wiring diagram

sofiene
10-22-2009, 10:30 AM
hi i really need the tachometre wiring diagram so any one can have one or explane to me how to wire the tachometre thanks:)

IceV_760
10-23-2009, 01:21 AM
If i remember right you were asking about tacho before, and didnt have "W" plug on your alternator? Since, that makes things WAY harder.

ipdown
10-26-2009, 11:52 PM
BTW, i need the wiring too. I took off my instrument cluster two times, and resoldered all joints - nothing changed - tach is not working. Then I found some corroded and some cut cables on the alternator - it was charging, these were some other signals. I cannot see if there is some letters on the connectors without pulling it, which I cannot do right now.
I have two cables and one connector with two pins connected to the alternator - which one is which? My tacho is now working, but it is sluggish and have slow response, and it seems to me that it is not working correctly - it's hardly gets past 2.5K rpm.
Any suggestions?

Jason
10-27-2009, 04:59 AM
The alternator could just be going bad.. Are you sure the belt isn't slipping?

Jason

IceV_760
10-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Mine doesnt always come to show idling speed when releasing throttle and stopping, its like everytime different, between 800-1100,
when its set to 900. But when revving, it will in my opinion work properly.
I believe problem is on instrument cluster.

ipdown
10-27-2009, 12:18 PM
So, is there some schematic with explanation of the extra wires? I could not find nothing in VADIS, and I don't have a green book for D24T.
As I said, I have two cables + one connector with two wires, beside these that are actually for charging. What are these wires for, except for the one that is signal for the tachometer?

kevinyoung03
01-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Better you look in several related websites for finding some good answers.