PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from England

Jase
10-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Hello!

I recently bought my '91 940 with the ole D24T; and nope did not know what I was letting myself in for!

But I absolutely love it and have a few plans, though just trying to get on top of things at the moment.

Goteborg Vapenfabrik
10-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Great to have you with the group! We don't have 940 diesels in the states. The more experienced members will no doubt be able to help. Cheers!

v8volvo
10-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome!

Looks like a clean wagon! (Err -- estate? :))

After you get the hang of it they aren't hard to work on, and if the motor is all dialed in they don't ask for much in the way of attention. Just regular oil changes, careful cooling system maintenance, and timing belts every once in a while, not too much else. Being a later motor yours may have hydraulic tappets which is one less thing to do periodically.

There are a number of members here from the UK, ian2000t is one from England who has done a lot of work to his car, you might look him up. If you run into any questions folks around here will certainly be ready to help.

745 TurboGreasel
10-22-2013, 11:25 PM
You guys get all the sexy headlights.

Welcome aboard.

Jase
03-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks for your replies; I have only just found them! :o

CRB
03-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Welcome Jase. None Volvo me, LT28 from 1989. Slowly getting the TDIC bits together, has to be worth it over the NA I have at present.

raw
03-03-2014, 09:39 AM
nice to see another UK member on here, seems like more and more of these are finally falling into the hands of people who like them over here as opposed to just being slagged off on the VOC forum they're getting some well deserved attention now :)

I'm in the northamptonshire area but at uni in loughborough at the moment and tend to knock about on here and on www.volvoforums.org.uk (and www.retrorides.proboards.com) a fair bit. Happy to help with whatever I can, and there are a few others who know far more than me about these engines who you'll come across on here too :)

good luck with the motor, look after her, and get some of those plans up in a project thread maybe :) looking forward to following this one

Richard

Jase
03-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi CRB, I like the old LT vans; there is a LT35 up and running locally. Good luck with yours!

Jase
03-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Hi Richard, thanks for the encouragement; it will be a slow going project! Still trying to get on top of things and do the essential jobs at the mo. She's a lovely car and I will be looking after her.
I will try and get in the habit of taking pics as i go and submitting posts :-) Cheers, Jason