PDA

View Full Version : Jason's 1984 760 GLE

Jason
10-19-2009, 06:09 AM
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af168/vwjunkie53/101_0006.jpg
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af168/vwjunkie53/101_0005.jpg
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af168/vwjunkie53/101_0007.jpg
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af168/vwjunkie53/101_0026.jpg

I cut a coil from the front end, and the wheels are 5 spoke "virgos". I went up to a 205-60-15 and its a 195-60-15 up front. The front got down just right...

Jason

lalozf
10-19-2009, 06:52 AM
looks like an angry volvo, really good,
you have painted also the grill.
that exhaust is tremendous, here in Spain Police would take me to jail, I wish I could, but if you modify your car you get in trouble with the anual inspection :confused:
I like it

Jason
10-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks! I did the grill and headlight trim. I also have blacked out the fender trim on the drivers side. I still need to do the pass side, and I'm probably going to remove the chrome trim on the roof drip edge. Trying to clean up the look a little. I'll also be tinting the windows someday, and need to get that fog light cover and the front air dam painted. She'll be looking pretty good by then.

Wow that sounds like no fun. There is a safety inspection here but they don't care what you do to your engine and exhaust as long as it can still pass emissions testing, but my car is diesel so no emissions! Yes, the exhaust is rediculus, but sounds amazing. The outlet pipe you are seeing is 4"!!!

Jason

IceV_760
10-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Thats really sweet looking car..
Almost same color than mine too, and that lowering fits to my eyes really good.

IceV_760
10-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks! I did the grill and headlight trim. I also have

Wow that sounds like no fun. There is a safety inspection here but they don't care what you do to your engine and exhaust as long as it can still pass emissions testing, but my car is diesel so no emissions! Yes, the exhaust is rediculus, but sounds amazing. The outlet pipe you are seeing is 4"!!!

Jason

Give us same inspections to finland than you have.. Im jealous now..
really.. No fun there either, or safety inspectors will force you to modify everything back.. But everything is allowed as far as police/safety inspector dont notice it.

Jason
10-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Man you guys just cant have any fun! Not that I can just go blowing smoke on everyone and not get in trouble. Blow smoke on the police and your being pulled over! They can ticket you for "excessive pollution".

Loosing that coil and dropping the front that couple inches really changed the cars attitude. Besides the Grandma spec wheels i had just weren't doing it for me!

Jason

EvoStevo
10-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Looks awesome, Jason! I'm really liking the blacked out grille and headlight trim. I did it on my 240 and really like the look as well. What color did you paint those Virgos? Gunmetal? It definitely looks meaner now. I can't wait to see it with tint and a repainted airdam!

m-reg
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
can ya still get that paint to black out the flasher lenses was the fashion a few years back not seen it lately, that would finish off that look across the front .I want some quad headlamps UK only ever got the big all in one jobs.I saw a picture of a late 900 with twin round headlamps with clear lenses across like a 90s beemer now I just want to find some those GLT wheels do go well on the 700 dont they

Jason
10-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I agree, smoking the turn signals and corners would help them blend in and kind of smooth out the look.

The paint is Dupicolor wheel paint in graphite, then clear coated.

Thanks for the compliments!
Jason

sofiene
10-21-2009, 02:47 PM
hi mr jason i really need help from you i have the same the car that you have i mean the model ok... so would you please some clear picture of your car in order to sea the interior if there is something missing and some picture from the engine and the trunk ... thank you:)

v8volvo
10-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Looks sharp. I like the stance. Your paint is in good shape too.

Yours is turning into a really sweet car. Nice work!

Jason
10-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks, I just need to repaint the front air dam, and on the drivers side there is a little bit of rust bubble at the front of the rear fenderwell. I was suprised when I got the car that it was as shiny as it is. Hell its dirty in the pics I posted! It really does clean up nice. I'm going to buff and wax it before winter, along with fixing the rust spot on the fenderwell. The car has really grown on me, I bought it for the engine in the first place but it has become one of my favorite cars to drive. Granted alot of that is because of the sound and being able to blow smoke on people, but it really does drive nicely. I even got the heated seats working! We are living large in 1984!

Jason

kevinyoung03
01-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Its really a great feeling having the new wheels for me. I really enjoying it.

Jason
01-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Having what new wheels? Who are you?