PDA

View Full Version : New LT/d24 fan from Denmark..

Filip Nielsen
09-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Hey out there...my girlfriend hates me for finding the website d24t.com, but what a surprise that people oversea actually still loves the old Volvo d24.

I have renovated a volkswagen LT 35 from 96 and is the last year manufactured model with the d24 engine.
But after have been driving for 1 month i gave op on the original installed ACT engine with 69 hp!! that is awful when you collect another car for the garage. So i bought a Volvo 760 Turbodiesel last month...(they are rare even in Denmark..:) the engine was a d24tic and I took it out and have started to fit it to the LT..right now i am dealing with some problems that the engine stops after 5 minutes...but think i can find the problem by using this page and i think i will have the most powerful LT ind Denmark...hehe :) we will se if i succeed with the project and how i did...thank you for the make of this nice page..

Filip :)

745 TurboGreasel
09-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Check to be sure you do not have gasoline in the fuel system.
add a new fuel filter
Run both fuel supply and return line to a clean can, and see how you do. Watch for air bubbles, and if possible, pressurize the feed with a small electric pump.

posting pictures doubles your chances for great success.

Marlow
10-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Hej Filip og velkommen.

Tror nok vi skal holde det til det engelske.

I've been through the same process recently upgrading from the D24T (DV) engine to a Volvo 940 D24TIC (NV) engine.

There's great info on the bits and pieces on the german LT forums, so you might want to look there. Otherwise, I can probably point you in the right directions.

Instead of transplanting your Volvo engine, you could nearly just have upgraded your ACT to add the Turbo. The 760 is probably actually one of the earliest D24TIC's, but should do the trick.

A good few of the things, I've been at, are in my thread: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t=905

Hilsen,
Martin .. som bor i Irland, men oprindeligt er fra Aabenraa.

Filip Nielsen
12-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey Marlow/Martin i havent been looking at the forum for quite some while because i stoppede the project for some months. But 5 weeks ago i bought a turbo engine from a scrapped VW LT 31 from year 91. The engine is a actually very good and I decided to change it into my LT 35 with the originallu ACT engine. It is a 1G engine so only with 92 HP...yesterday i finished transferring Again..think the D24TIC has a broken connecting tod bearing and oil pump.. The 1G engine starts and a have timing belts waterpump etc. you know its difficult to do it when the engine is in the LT, but I do have a small problem..The !G Bosch pump is leaking form the rear shaft and was thinking using the D24TIC pump on the 1G engine? should not be a problem a? Should i change the injectores as well and do you know if there are any differences..I dont knowhow to fit the Cold starting valve, but I will think of something...:)

Nice to hear aboput a dane in here...Skrives ved..

Filip :)

Marlow
12-21-2013, 01:56 AM
There's no problem converting a Volvo pump even for the cold-start cable, the LT uses.

You might have a bit problems with space fitting the Volvo cold-start mechanism under the engine cover in the LT.

As for injectors, I'd stick with the ones you have in the engine for now.

/M