PDA

View Full Version : Turbo to intake clip

Nevadan
08-06-2013, 03:11 PM
I would like to get the clip that holds the aluminum intake pipe to the turbo. I've been unable to find one through my local Volvo dealer but the part number is 1328129. Any ideas?

I've just got a hose clamp on there now.

v8volvo
08-07-2013, 07:47 AM
If Volvo won't sell you one, getting lucky in a junkyard is probably your best shot, or finding one from someone here. Try checking with Anders or 745 TurboGreasel, I think they both have extra motors and might be able to supply one.

What kind of shape is your aluminum inlet pipe in? The early TD cars (1983 thru early 1984) used a steel pipe that holds up well but the later motors with the aluminum pipe often wear and break the slot that the clip goes through. If your pipe is getting tired too, could be easier to redo the whole thing with rubber tubing all the way up to the airbox...

745 TurboGreasel
08-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I bet you can make a nice one wit a coat hanger and some pliers.
Twirl the ends in so there are no pokeys to rip your hand on.

Nevadan
08-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Both above posts are good ideas. I have the "later" style aluminum tube. I'll try the coat-hanger method first.

anders
08-08-2013, 10:37 AM
I would personally would not try the coat hanger, the original clip is made of spring steel. Why gamble getting dust into the intake if the coat hager won't hold? Also is the sealing o-ring still intact?
I will see if I can locate an extra clip, if not the next best option would be building an intake with silicone or rubber hose and clamp it.

Nevadan
08-09-2013, 07:14 AM
The o-ring is still in good shape and there's a good seal so the hose clamp I'm using is adequate. If you have a spare clip I will purchase it from you.

anders
08-16-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm still looking... I should have at least one spare floating around.

Nevadan
08-17-2013, 05:57 AM
No rush, but I'll definitely take one if you find it.