PDA

View Full Version : Turbo and intercooler

Zoupop
06-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Hi,
Im thinking to change my stock turbo for a GSP t3/t4 ebay turbo and an intercooler(26x11x3) setup with 2.5'' piping but I don't know if the size are ok or to big.

Here is the spec of that turbo :

Intake: 3''
Inlet: 2''
Compressor trim: .50
Compressor Wheel diameter: 50.16 / 76.84
Turbine Wheel diameter: 54.06 / 65.20
Exhaust Trim: .57ar

What is the trim means and is this to much?? Is the T3 flange got standard size or you can have T3 bigger than other?? Can I use an external wastegate??

thanks, all comments are appreciate and sorry for my English (im from quebec)

Jason
07-02-2013, 07:18 PM
This is very similar in size to what I have, though I did all 3" charge piping to match the 3" inlet on my NA manifold. The .57 A/R is slightly smaller than mine which is a .63. Should spool a little better than what I have, but be aware it will be slower to spool than stock even with more fueling, however you will gain some top end. I would try to find an internal wastegated turbo, as mounting an external wastegate would require welding a flange of some type to the factory manifold, which is cast and not the easiest thing to weld. T3 flange is standard, so no worries there.

Jason

Zoupop
07-03-2013, 05:48 AM
ok if I understand right it could be a good choice of turbo but it will spool at higher rpm ?? for the external wastegate if I plug it unto the hole for the EGR maybe it could work or the hole is too small? I think an oïl cooler could be a good upgrade too. For the fueling is there any brand that make bigger injector?? Iv'e search on internet but I didn't find any.

thanks you

Jason
07-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes it will need more rpm to spool, but it will still be a streetable combo... As for fueling, you'll need to turn your pump up, injectors wont increase fueling to the engine, though having a fresh set of injectors, set with correct pop pressure will help it run its best. I would use the "GTD" nozzles, (DNO SD 293) is the part number.

Jason