PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Volvo 265 D24 - Northern VA/DC area

greenmachine
05-17-2013, 06:57 PM
I have a 1980 volvo 265, that unfortunately I must part with.

I am the second owner of this car and it's been one of my favorites. The previous owner kept it in the garage its entire life and it still has some original gloss and virtually no rust. It starts well and runs like a champ. Why am I getting rid of it? Two reasons: 1) I need the space, and 2) It has developed a small leak in the fuel injector pump. It's drivable with the leak, but it should be repaired and diesel injection voodoo is beyond me.

Pictures are available here: http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/vagreenv/library/Green%20Monsta?sort=2&page=1

146,500 miles
Complete maintenace record from 1980 to present
Power windows
Power locks
Automatic transmission
Steel belly pan
Towing hitch
Roof rack
Fog lights
R12 a/c needs recharge

Recent work includes:

Re-cored radiator
New water pump, thermostat & timing belt
New glow plugs
Bilstien HD shocks
Rear overload springs

If you make me a strong offer (like $3K) I also have some extra 200 series parts that I will thow in as this will probably be the last 200 series that I work on (there's a 3rd reason I'm getting rid of it: time). I've got extra front and rear lenses, hubcaps, tan head and arm rests (I refitted it with black as I think they match the dash better), the original volvo radio, and a D24 green book if you need it.

vagreenv@gmail.com

greenmachine
07-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Sold on 7/10

RedArrow
02-21-2015, 07:47 AM
I remember that Brick.Where`s it now? Who`s the owner?:) I hope he joins the forum.