PDA

View Full Version : Torque specs

Snowracer
04-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi

I'm currently rebuilding my D24t engine since it's "only" gone 498000km and i had no compression on cylinder number 1.

I have forgot to buy the service book for the D24, but is there anyone who has the tourque specs for the different parts of the D24? Thinking of where to piston rods, head bolts and camshaft. =)
Any help would be greatly appriciated, hopfully I'll have the engine up and running very soon.

anders
04-22-2013, 06:25 AM
I think you can pull a PDF file of the engine manual on Kjet.org. I would be careful with the rod bolts as some are the TTY type, I don't know if they can be reused. I will try and post a picture tonight of the different bolts.

745 TurboGreasel
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
My greenbook said;
Tightening torques
Apply to lightly oiled nuts and bolts.
Degreased (washed) parts must be oiled prior to assembly.
Cylinder head--tighten in stages
sequence[pic]
Tighten cylinder head bolts in stages
Remove oil and dirt from bolt holes. Oil and dirt left in holes will reduce the pressure on cylinder head gasket.

Bolt threads and washers must however be oiled, otherwise frictional forces will be too large.

Use new bolts. The washers need not be replaced.

Tighten in six stages:
stage 1=30ft/lbs.
stage 2=44ft/lbs.
stage 3=55ft/lbs.
stage 4=tighten 180* Note this should be in one movement without stopping.
stage 5=Run engine till oil temperature is at least 112F.
stage 6=tighten 90* Note this should be in one movement without stopping.

Retorquing of cylinder head bolts
Retorque after 600-1200 miles. The engine should be cold or almost cold.

Tighen each bolt separately and in correct sequence(see pic).

Tighten bolt 90* Note this should be in one movement without stopping.

Bolts should not be slackened first.

ngoma
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Is that for fiber HG or for steel HG? I think it's for fiber; remember seeing revised procedure for (steel?) replacement HG somewhere.

Snowracer
04-23-2013, 02:05 AM
I apprciate the answers. But i have raceware head bolts, so the specs would be different.

Im primarely looking for tourque for piston rods. I have changed pistons rings and rod bearings

anders
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
I think rod bolts are torqued to 33ft lbs. Here is a picture of the different rod bolts. TTY is the one on top, they recommend replacing them when replacing bearings. The head on TTY bolts has no grading on it, and the threaded portion is longer.

Boots
04-24-2013, 04:57 PM
I have the following from a copy of the green book: