PDA

View Full Version : Strap, fastener, cable-tie for wiring harness?

Nevadan
04-15-2013, 11:46 AM
I've done a lot of research on this and cannot find the stock "cable ties" or fasteners that attach the engine bay wiring harness to the engine bay. I'm usually NOT picky about these little things but the stock strap/fastener is the only thing that will attach to the little t-shaped / mushroom shaped stud that's welded to the body. This is specially important for where the harness attaches to the firewall above the engine.

I even went to the dealership and ordered part number 983748 which is just a standard cable-tie even though the picture shows the correct part.

I found another part number, 983750, that might be the correct number but I'm not sure. The part number is listed here but it just looks like a regular cable tie: http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/products/Cable-tie/1185277/983750.html

Any ideas?

I may go tour my local junk yard and look for a suitable substitute from other vehicles, non-European included!!!!

Nevadan
04-21-2013, 07:31 AM
I found the harness ties on a 1991 740 at my local pick-n-pull. They are a much better design and the plastic is softer so they haven't hardened over time.