PDA

View Full Version : Strut brace

ian2000t
04-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Is it possible to have a strut brace on a D24? Mine's a D24Tic but with an N/A (VW LT35) manifold.

I know it will need to be a custom made one, but I'm not sure there is room between the inlet and bonnet.

Anyone else made one?

anders
04-11-2013, 05:29 AM
I have seen one on a 240 with a diesel. There seems to be more room between the hood and intake on a 240 though, maybe because of the slant? There are several ways to see how much clearance is there. With the hood closed you could reach up from under and "feel" what kind of clearance is there. Or you can use a straight piece of lumber or steel and set it across the fenders and measure different points of clearance between the lumber and engine/intake.

casioqv
04-14-2013, 07:35 PM
iPds Cherry Turbo brace worked fine on my non-intercooled D24T 760. It just bolted in, and doesn't interfere with anything. I don't think it's sold anymore but you can often find them for sale on turbobricks.

ian2000t
04-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Thanks for that. I think the issue I might have is that I'm using the taller N/A manifold in the 760. I'll see if I can stick some play-doh on top of the inlet manifold and close the bonnet to get an idea of clearance!