PDA

View Full Version : Finally Validated

DannyTMoney
03-24-2013, 05:54 PM
So I have been looking at your site for almost a year now. I bought a 83 760 from a guy that tried to make it run are SVO, when I got it, it was not running. Until last week I had it running but now it has more issues, but that it for another time. I am thinking about taking the engine and putting it in my Cherokee, What do you think? Also if I did do that how much would the rest of the car be worth, would anyone be interested? Or should I just sell the whole car and find another diesel engine? Thanks Guys

anders
03-24-2013, 07:38 PM
What's wrong with the car??

I think the d24t will be enough power for a Cherokee. I had a Cherokee and I think it weighed 2,700 lbs. the 760 weighs 3,000 lbs. I would run a t5 with an adapter for the m46 bell housing.
I would be interested in some of the parts from the car if you do end up parting it.

DannyTMoney
03-25-2013, 04:54 AM
I was driving along last week when it coughed and then I lost almost all of the fuel. The car starts the same as it did before but now all it does it bounce from almost stalling to 800 RPMs and back there is no increase in fuel at all. I have not taken the time to look into it any further, but it feels all fuel related unless you guys have a different idea? What parts would you be looking for?

ngoma
03-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Fuel filter would be first on my list. Have you replaced it? Follow the warnings in the recent thread on this.

745 TurboGreasel
03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Is the car silver and maybe black, bought in MT?

Clean up the top of the pump, remove the 'OUT' bolt at the fuel return line, don't lose the 2 copper seal washers.
Look for deposits or debris both inside the bolt, and peek down the bolt hole.
If you find chunks or varnish, dude f'd it up in his veg adventure.

If not, check your return line for air bubbles, and fix the leak if there are any.

there was a guy awhile back with a CJ, or the one that came after with a D24T lightly modded trail rig who was happy with it, but didn't go on the highway a lot.

DannyTMoney
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
It is black with a red interior I bought it from a guy in Missoula, MT. I have to redo the entire fuel system ofter I got it. The guy had old bad bio-diesel in the main tank for 9 months and then he forgot to switch over from SVO when he turned it off one day so everything was gunked up, I would have thought I got all of it cleaned but maybe I missed something? IDK

745 TurboGreasel
03-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I think I remember that being for sale a long time ago.
It doesn't take much to stick the control collar in the pump, and negate your throttle control, and sitting for a couple years with bad veg might do that.